Reporting to the Sr. Director of Managed Markets and Trade Relations the National Account Director will be responsible for developing key customers and relationships within the managed care marketplace and facilitating the growth of Lupin brand products. This position is responsible for positioning the entire Lupin brand portfolio across their defined account assignments and to evaluate opportunities, propose profitable contracting strategies, and deliver financial results defined by senior management, and for closely managing personal T&E expenses and Account promotion activities.
Secure product availability and optimize product positioning on formulary with top managed care organizations which have a primary focus on servicing Commercial population ( i.e. PBMs, National Health Plans, Regional Health Plans, etc.), Medicare population (AARP, Humana, ect.) and Government markets (VA, State Medicaid, Federal Big 4) to implement and manage profitable access agreements.
· Bachelor degree in a business or related field and related experience required
· Minimum 10 years to include sales, sales management, regional or national account coverage and/or marketing experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry
· Minimum 3 years Regional Managed Care account management experience
· Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
· Demonstration of good verbal and written communication skills as well as analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong leadership skill, high energy, and a passionate champion for the business with an ability to quickly establish credibility throughout the organization
· Strong analytical and multi-tasking skills necessary with a focus on business analytics as a means to improve and grow business.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills and an ability to work with diverse internal and external constituents
· Strong ability to identify/anticipate opportunities, challenges and road blocks, while maintaining a solutions-focused approach
· 2 -4 years Pharmaceutical Sales Management experience
· 2-4 years National Managed Care account management experience
· Experience in Specialty Pharmacy products
· Software experience with BusinessOne and IMS