Reporting to the Sr. Director of Managed Markets and Trade Relations for Brand, the Market Access Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development, execution and evaluation of strategic and tactical initiatives supporting optimal coverage (medical and pharmacy) for all Lupin Branded Pharmaceutical products. This role leads, designs, develops, and ensures implementation of payer value propositions and payer contracts for all current and future Lupin products. Partners with internal teams and payer relations team on the development and implementation of payer contracting strategy. This role conveys the voice of the payer to commercial team leadership, thus helping to ensure a sounding board for potential unintended consequences of key commercial decisions. Works collaboratively with Account Management, Contracting, Sales Operations, Sales & Marketing, Medical Affairs, Policy and Legal on development & implementation of strategies and tactics.
· Ensures development of key value messages and data needs for clinical development, health economics, and medical affairs. Oversees the development of key payer focused publications utilizing high impact health economics data.
· Collaborates with payer relations team to directly engage payers in discussions related to Lupin products under consideration for formulary placement or change.
· Provides input to Medical Affairs to ensure data support of therapeutic area burden of disease, clarification of the unmet medical needs in support of payer account teams stakeholder education objectives.
· Works closely with finance & contracting and payer relations on the development of overall contracting strategies, along with managing the RFP Payer process.
· Leads the development and implementation of pull through strategies to enhance market share performance and net revenue of signed contracts.
· Provides input into brand planning process that bridges coverage /access goals with emerging payer needs (unmet medical need, suitable comparators and competitive space).
· Provides a 360 degree organization view and ensures proper organizational alignment around key factors affecting coverage, provider reimbursement and patient access.
· Represents Marketing in the Promotional Review Process (PRC) for relevant tactics and promotional materials to ensure all activities are compliant with Federal regulations.
· Engages Sales and Training in developing and implementing marketing strategies to ensure they have ownership with the Field.
· Manages multiple agency relationships involved in tele-detailing, e-blasts, savings card programs, alternative product distribution channels.
· Bachelor degree in a business or related field and related experience required
· 2+ year progressive experience in a marketing or product management or Market Access role with project management, presentation and relationship building experience required.
· Strong understanding of payer market dynamics and how managed care organizations make decisions across private & public channels
· Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint required.
· Demonstration of good verbal and written communication skills as well as analytical and problem solving skills.
· Strong leadership skill, high energy, and a passionate champion for the business with an ability to quickly establish credibility throughout the organization
· Strong analytical and multi-tasking skills necessary with a focus on business analytics as a means to improve and grow business.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills and an ability to work with diverse internal and external constituents
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan and execute multiple short and long term projects while meeting deadlines and adjusting for unforeseen circumstances and short notices.
· Strong ability to identify/anticipate opportunities, challenges and road blocks, while maintaining a solutions-focused approach.
· MBA in marketing
· Software experience with Access, ModelN, IMS, SAP, and Wolters Kluwer (Symphony) market research data
· Analytical and market research experience preferred