This company is focused on strategic R & D and an aggressive product development program with a global presence in Women’s Health, Cardiovascular, Diabetes, Respiratory, and Anti-Infectives. Building on its parent company’s strengths of vertical integration in discovery research, process chemistry, active pharmaceutical ingredient production, formulation development, and regulatory filings, the US company is committed to its vision of becoming an innovation-led pharmaceutical specialty company. This company’s niche pharmaceutical products are uniquely manufactured and span a range of dosage forms and delivery systems. With a robust pipeline of product approvals, ANDAs and file submissions, the company is poised to continuously launch important new products starting in the near future and the decade to come.
· Direct brand sales activities.
· Develop pricing policies and tragedies.
· Negotiate contracts with key accounts.
· Develop launch programs and customer specific sales programs to ensure successful product placement and launches.
· Actively involved in product selection and portfolio management.
· Develop sales projections and departmental budgets.
· Establish and maintain a positive image and reputation for Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. among all current and potential customers.
· Manage all administrative responsibilities ensuring stringent focus on all customer and internal deliverables for the team.
· Develop sales plan in line with the overall company strategy and direction.
· Manage the process to ensure that the current customer needs are being met, while proactively planning for future customer needs.
· Establish accounts/territories for each sales representative.
· Make recommendations for product pricing.
· Establish and manage the headcount strategy for area of responsibility.
· Formulate necessary organizational changes to improve processes and develop personnel.
· Ensure proper alignment of the sales and marketing organizations with the other business groups to ensure that teams are able to facilitate and maintain a close working relationship with one another.
· Design, develop and maintain a robust quantitative metrics measurement system for the sales organization.
· Fully understanding of the current strategy and build on it in a timely manner.
· Experience from Specialty Pharmaceutical, Drug Delivery and/or other RX Pharmaceutical companies.
· Extensive network of industry-related contacts.
· Must possess strong written/oral communication skills along with possessing the ability to open up new business opportunities and close with a high success percentage.
· Must possess competency within the MS environments of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to maintain the function of the position.
· Must demonstrate proven working knowledge of business, along with product knowledge.
· Strategic thinker; entrepreneurial spirit, passion to manage day-to-day activities and hands-on management style.
· Provide effective leadership support, training and guidance to direct reports.
· Combine exceptional market cognizance with a practiced business sense developing and providing highly effective sales management and business development expertise.
· Identifying and leading all aspects of market penetration activities, developing effective presentations to both new and existing accounts, overseeing client relationship building and creating alliances and partnerships to increase revenues and market share
· The successful candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience in development and implementation of high impact opportunities, with evidence of visionary leadership, as well as innovation and creativity in identifying opportunities.
· Demonstrated capability as a leader and developer of people is required.
· Ten plus years of sales and marketing experience in a pharmaceutical business-to-business environment.