Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is the U.S. wholly owned subsidiary of Lupin Limited, which is among the top five pharmaceutical companies in India. Through our sales and marketing headquarters in Baltimore, MD, Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is dedicated to delivering high-quality, branded and generic medications trusted by healthcare professionals and patients across geographies.
Lupin Limited, headquartered in Mumbai, India, is strongly research focused. It has a program for developing New Chemical Entities. The company has a state-of-the-art R&D center in Pune and is a leading global player in Anti-TB, anti-invectives and Cardiovascular drugs (ACE-inhibitors and cholesterol reducing agents) and has a notable presence in the areas of diabetes, anti-inflammatory and respiratory therapy.
We are building on our parent company's strengths of vertical integration in discovery research, process chemistry, active pharmaceutical ingredient production, formulation development and regulatory filings. Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to achieving its vision and mission of becoming an innovation led transnational pharmaceutical company.
· Management of daily activities related to the AP function, including vendor payments, reconciling vendor accounts, collections, month end close, internal controls, and audit requirements
· Prepare and analyze (via accurate and concise variance explanations) management reporting and required key performance indicators for the U.S. Accounts Payable organization
· Address all non-routine AP related transactions effectively and timely
· Collaborate and coordinate with key stakeholders including, but not limited to, Accounting, Commercial Operations, and Financial Systems (IT) on projects and resolution of AP issues which includes T&E issues as they relate to Concur and the corporate card program to ensure key decisions are properly supported and communicated prior to implementation
· Project lead for significant IT and non-IT process improvements, break fixes, and system solutions to enhance the efficiency of the overall AP process
· Lead ad-hoc projects and reporting as necessary to support business strategies and expanding business footprint for continuous improvement
· Assist in development/refinement of AP policies and procedures, and purchase to pay cycle and control environment, which include corporate T&E policy and ensure compliance
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics; MBA preferred (Finance concentration)
· 6 - 8 years of experience in finance/accounting or public accounting (Big 4), pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience preferred
· Comprehensive understanding of the full purchase to pay (accounts payable) cycle, as well as functional/departmental interdependencies across the entire AP process
· Strong understanding of period end close cycle, ability to understand accounting flows related to AP to ensure appropriate posting and reporting in our financial reports
· Ability to make informed payment decisions via analysis of financial statements, payment history and credit reports, as well as deal with high volume of transactions
· Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively, be a cross-functionally team player
· Results driven, self-starter, who can work independently or with minimal supervision and who has success in a team environment
· Strong knowledge of business practices, time management and organizational skills
· Candidate must have excellent oral presentation and communication skills, and is able to maintain appropriate written and electronic documentation consistent with approved policy
· SAP and Concur (or similar T&E system) experience required
· 3 years of prior supervisory experience required