Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Operations Manager, the Instrumentation Support Specialist is responsible for maintaining, testing, troubleshooting, calibration, repair and supporting activities associated with the Analytical Instrumentation and other Laboratory related equipment.
Support includes working with staff and external vendors to ensure :
- Understand computers and computer systems.
- Ability to assess and troubleshoot complex systems and carry out triage to ensure instrumentation data integrity for the site.
- Provide necessary support to R&D Labs (MDI, DPI, and Formulation) to increase productivity in daily activity.
- Provides technical support by selecting, assembling, and processing instruments and equipment for use in LIRC facilities.
- Responsible for the care and preservation of all instrumentation and equipment at LIRC.
- Schedule and track equipment PM and maintenance schedules.
- SME for equipment tracking program.
- Responsible for creating, editing and following regulated industry specific (FDA, EU, ACH, USP, etc) processes.
- Work in a fast paced team environment with multiple stakeholders while displaying a customer first attitude.
- Document activities as necessary and fill out GMP Quality Records using good documentation practices at all times.
- Identify and institute process efficiencies when applicable.
- Track and maintain metrics for process improvement.
- Seek out and continuously endeavor to expand knowledge related to industry instrumentation.
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation.
- Ensures the highest safety standards are maintained while working with in the facility.
- Expected to work at a constant reasonable pace, neatly and efficiently, and as a team player with other employees.
- Set the example for teamwork, cooperation, safety, respect and work ethic for all employees.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by management.